I must say Day Five was LOOOOOOONG and felt even longer.
Dad started driving early in the morning. It was super foggy, and the fog let up for short bursts before getting heavy again.
We located the K-LOVE station in the area (a Christian station with "positive and encouraging" programming). My dad used to be a manager for another Christian station and was interested when he heard K-LOVE was in the middle of their support drive (Christian radio is typically supported by listeners' donations/pledges throughout the year).
We made it into Arkansas within 2 hours. There was some construction that slowed us down a lot. We finally stopped near Little Rock for lunch at Cracker Barrell. It was nice. I picked up a Mad Libs and we each completed one during dinner. It was HILARIOUS. My sister isn't known for her grasp of grammatical terms.
After lunch, I sat in the rocking chair on the front porch and just rocked for a few minutes while waiting for Elise and Dad in the store. When they all came out, it was decided that we would drive through to Atlanta rather than staying in Chattanooga as planned the night before.
Dad continued to drive most of the day. We stopped for dinner just north of Chattanooga at this restaurant called Davy Crockett roadhouse. It was the best dinner service I have ever had. Our server, Laura, took great care of us. Elise had the all you can eat tacos from the tavern. That was funny. Dad had a steak and I had a ground sirloin burger that was just out of this world.
I took over the wheel after that, and we drove home. We finally pulled into home about 1 am.
Jon woke up early and took Elise back up to Toccoa for 2 days of school before her fall break.
And now I'm home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey I am glad you made it home!! I want to see pictures!! I can't believe I didn't bring my camera. Can you email them when you get a chance. Love you!!!!
Post a Comment